A winning recipe from the 'Femina' magazine - a woman magazine very popular with Indian women.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the filling
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 cups panir, grated
- fresh ground pepper
For the sauce
- 1Blend all the ingredients, except the butter, for the crepes.
- 2Pour a little mixture into a buttered non-stick pan.
- 3Tilt the pan to coat it evenly.
- 4Cook the pancake on both sides.
- 5Make six more pancakes.
- 6To prepare filling: Heat oil.
- 7Saute the onion for a minute.
- 8Add cabbage and saute for another minute.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Add paneer, salt and pepper.
- 11Mix well.
- 12To prepare sauce: Heat oil.
- 13Fry the onion well.
- 14Add the remaining ingredients, except the cheese.
- 15Simmer for 2 minutes till the sauce thickens.
- 16To assemble: Spread a little sauce in a greased round baking dish, top with a crepe, spread a little sauce on it, followed by a little filling.
- 17Repeat the layers, finishing with some sauce and topped with the grated cheese.
- 18Bake, covered, on HIGH in a microwave for 5 minutes and uncovered for 2 minutes.
- 19Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saucy Paneer (Tofu) Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (1804 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.8
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 170.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: