Prep 25 mins
Cook 17 mins
On a handout from a New Orleans shrimp boat captain's wife.
- 4 lbs uncooked large shrimp, in the shell
- 2 cups butter (no substitutes)
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon barbecue spice or 1 teaspoon hickory seasoning
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Place shrimp in two 13 x 9 inch baking dishes. In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add orange slices; cook and stir until oranges fall apart.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Pour over shrimp.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.