Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this recipe because you only need one pot, it's easy to make and it's very tasty! From Canadian Living.
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 (750 ml) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In Dutch oven or large deep saucepan, cook beef over medium-high heat, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl.
- Drain off fat in pan. Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic and herb seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden and no liquid from mushrooms remains, about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce, 3 cups water and reserved beef; bring to a boil. Add pasta; reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender but firm, about 12 minutes. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.