Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious chicken I made when I wanted parmasan chicken, but didn't want to fry it. I used leftover spaghetti sauce. It is so tender and completely wonderful. The Italian parmesan herb mix is a recipe I found here at zaar. It is Italian Parmesan Herb Mix. It gives it a nice little spice. Cooking time is approx.
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons italian parmesan mixed herbs (Italian Parmesan Herb Mix)
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Season each side of chicken thighs with herb mix.
- Add the chicken thighs.
- Cook until almost done (still slightly pink).
- Remove chicken to separate plate.
- Drain grease from skillet.
- Add tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes(drained).
- Turn to medium-low heat.
- Stir sauce and heat through.
- Add chicken.
- Give it a good stir.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce and chicken.
- Let it simmer for about 15/20 minutes.