Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Another one of my adopted recipes from zaar. Looking at the ingredients, I wondered about the cucumbers in it. If anyone tries this before I do, let me know how it is.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Sm
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, Chopped, Unpared
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the meat, cracker crumbs, 1.2 cup of the soup 1/4 cup of the milk, the egg, onion, and seasonings together.
- Press the mixture into 12 ungreased muffin cups.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining soup the cucumber and 3 tb of milk to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the tomato and sour cream.
- Heat just to boiling, stirring constantly then remove from the heat and spoon over the unmolded mini-loaves.
- NOTE: If you use regular hamburger put the muffin tin on a cookie/jelly-roll pan to catch any of the juices that run over.