Recipe by cuisinebymae
Making this in a cake pan cuts the baking time considerably, compared to a traditional loaf.
Top Review by sams1
Thanks for a great meal! I made a bit extra - so the left overs were put into a smaller cassarole, topped with mashed potato and put in the freezer for a quick meal at a later date. I also added a sprinkle of italian herbs. Thanks again for some lovely comfort food!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat egg.
- Stir in crumbs and pasta sauce.
- Stir in ground beef.
- Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, onion, and celery.
- Put mixture in an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard.
- Spread on top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.