Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Making this in a cake pan cuts the baking time considerably, compared to a traditional loaf.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat egg.
- Stir in crumbs and pasta sauce.
- Stir in ground beef.
- Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, onion, and celery.
- Put mixture in an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard.
- Spread on top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
Thanks for a great meal! I made a bit extra - so the left overs were put into a smaller cassarole, topped with mashed potato and put in the freezer for a quick meal at a later date. I also added a sprinkle of italian herbs. Thanks again for some lovely comfort food!
I made this meatloaf for dinner tonight and it was terrific! I followed the recipe as written and it was moist, done at the given time, and very tasty. My husband really liked it. I also like that it is a smaller recipe, most meatloaf recipes call for 1.5-2 lbs. of meat. I will definitely make this again.
This was a nice meatloaf. I enjoyed the glaze on the top. I am not sure I could really distinguish the pasta sauce in the meatloaf, so I think when I make it again, I may use catsup, unless I happen to have some leftover sauce on hand.