Recipe by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
This is low fat quick and flavorful. You probably have all the ingredients on hand. Good over jasmine rice.
Top Review by AshOr721
YUMMY! This was super good. Like a sweet and sour chicken with KICK! I didn't add any of the basil/oregano/thyme just because I am not a fan and it was still phenomenal. Thanks for a great recipe, definitely using this all the time!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons unpacked brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl combine, concentrate, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and spices.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and toss in ziplock back w/ flour. In large sauce pan heat oil. Shake off excess flour add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add sauce cover and simmer low, about 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- You can add diced green bell pepper if you would like at the simmering point. It adds color and more flavour.