Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is low fat quick and flavorful. You probably have all the ingredients on hand. Good over jasmine rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons unpacked brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- In mixing bowl combine, concentrate, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and spices.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and toss in ziplock back w/ flour. In large sauce pan heat oil. Shake off excess flour add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add sauce cover and simmer low, about 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- You can add diced green bell pepper if you would like at the simmering point. It adds color and more flavour.
YUMMY! This was super good. Like a sweet and sour chicken with KICK! I didn't add any of the basil/oregano/thyme just because I am not a fan and it was still phenomenal. Thanks for a great recipe, definitely using this all the time!
So good! No need for take out anymore!
We had this dish tonight for dinner. It was awesome!