Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
a hot appetizer that is both good and easy...
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 lbs kielbasa, sliced thinly on the diagonal (1/4" - 1/2")
- Mix the sugar, ketchup, water and horseradish in a saucepan.
- Add the kielbasa, and stir to coat completely.
- Cook stirring frequently on medium heat until it starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to minimum, cover and cook stirring regularly until sauce thickens, 30-45 minutes.
- Serve in a shallow dish with toothpicks (or else stick a toothpick in each piece and arrange on a platter).
This stuff is great. I've made it several times (got it off another recipe site) and love it. I add onion to it and serve it over rice for a meal. Little smokies are great with this too.
This was such a quick and easy main course to make. The family loved it!! The ketchup, sugar and horseradish were in perfect proportions (although I didn't make the mistake of using creamy horseradish as I have done with recipes in the past. I used regular prepared horseradish. I buy the kind in the refrigerated section.) The kids and the adults all thought it was delicious. I'll be making this many times -- what a great recipe for a summer get-together or for the 4th of July. It practically cooks itself and leaves me time to make the rest of a meal. Great recipe, Pixie!!