Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A delicious chicken recipe!
- 12 chicken thighs, skinned (about 3 pounds)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken in a 4-quart electric slow cooker. Combine tomatoes and next 6 ingredients, stir well. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW, and cook 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Calories 202 (24% from fat); Fat: 5.4g (sat 1.4g, mono 1.6g, poly 1.4g); Protein 27.8g; Carb 9.6g; Fiber 2.1g; Chol 109mg; Iron 2.3mg; Sodium 526mg; Calc 35mg.
This was easy to make, but I would tweak it if I made it again. I added a chopped bell pepper, celery, and used fresh garlic. This made tons of sauce. Next time I'd add a tiny bit of sugar to adjust the tartness of the tomatoes and drain them first. I did appreciate the skinned chicken to reduce fat and the cooking times. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Wow, this was so much better than I thought it would be! I used home frozen tomatoes. Next time I will cook up some spaghetti to serve with this and then probably will have to double the sauce to serve with it.