Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Freezer friendly italian sausage recipe adapted from 30daygourmet. This sauce is so yummy with onions, green peppers and tomatos in it.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 -3 lb italian link sausage
- Saute onion and green pepper in olive oil and butter or both until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except sausages and simmer on medium heat until thick.
- Cook sausages on grill or broil while sauce simmers.
- To freeze at this point: I have frozen sausages separate from sauce in separate freezer bags and I have mixed the sauce and sausages together and frozen as well. Personal perefence.
- If frozen, thaw and serve on buns.
- If eating now, you can cut sausages in thirds and mix with sauce if you like.
- You can place sauce and sausages in crockpot to keep warm until dinner.
- This is very good served with toasted buns with garlic salt on them.
- I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. The chili sauce is essential to the recipe and is found near the ketchup and cocktail sauce in the store.
I love this recipe. It's so easy to make and seems to please everyone in the family.