Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Thicken the sauce with flour and ketchup if desired.
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) boneless beef rump roast
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup beef broth
- hot cooked pasta
- Cut the roast in half. Combine the salt, garlic powder, and pepper; rub over roast. Place in a 5 quart slow-cooker. Top with mushroom and onion. Combine the spaghetti sauce and wine or broth; pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Slice roast; serve over pasta with pan juices.
I did cut my 3.5 roast in half but I will not do this next time. My roast was dry after 5 hours. I would have pulled it out sooner if I was not at work. This is an easy dish to throw in the pot in a hurry. I will add chopped garlic next time. The sauce is thin but I added cornstarch to thicken it up. Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7.