Top Review by Ernest Ern
This was surpisingly better that I had thought it was going to be. I was expecting it to be a bit too "tomatoey" for my tastes but it turned out great. I halved the recipe as I'm only cooking for myself and my only complaint was I would have prefered more sauce that what the halved recipe produced. When I cook it again, I won't half the sauce. I served it over some egg noodles, a side of canned corn, and a couple of biscuits.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine the beef, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- In a skillet brown the patties and pour off the excess fat.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the patties in the skillet.
- Simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.