Recipe by Cathy17
I ordered a Chatelaine cookbook on grilling and it has some fabulous recipes. I always like their recipes because they are triple tested and whenever I've made them, they've never failed. These ribs would be great for a BBQ for a crowd!
- 6 lbs pork back ribs, cut into serving size pieces or individual ribs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄3-2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (more or less for your zip preference)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in a large wide saucepan, cover with water and simmer until tender about 30- 45 minutes.
- Alternatively, steam ribs until tender (I prefer this method) in a long steamer or slotted pot above large pot.
- Mix ketchup and chili sauce, then add vegetable oil, brown sugar, worcestershire, dry mustard, cayenne and garlic powder or minced garlic, stirring until mixed well- you can do this several hours ahead to let the flavors meld.
- If you do, keep it in the fridge until ready to baste the ribs.
- Add cooked ribs and turn to coat- you can let them stand for about 30 minutes for the flavors to absorb.
- Fire up BBQ.
- Grill over medium heat with lid closed or slightly ajar, brushing with remaining sauce, turning often until generously glazed, about 15- 20 minutes.
- Have lots of serviettes on hand!