Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This recipe was adapted from one found at Just Slow Cooking.com
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb purple beans, topped and tailed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 slices crisp bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, bacon (if using), garlic, rosemary (or thyme) and pepper in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the beans are tender, 5 to 7 hours.
- Add salt to taste if desired.
Made these for a pot luck today. Easy to put together--used fresh beans and canned diced tomatoes with minced garlic and a sprig of fresh rosemary in the crockpot. Wish I hadn't drained the tomatoes as much as I did because I ended up adding water to the crock twice as they cooked. Very tasty and seemed to go over well with the crowd.