Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
It you like cheese on top of your broccoli, you will love this casserole dish. It is great for entertaining guests or your summer pot lucks.
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 (16 ounce) frozen mixed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrot mix)
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions, divided
- Microwave Directions:.
- Combine soup, sour cream and milk in large bowl.
- Stir in vegetables, cheese and 2/3 cup French Fried onions.
- In a 2 quart microwave safe oblong baking dish, spoon in vegetable mixture.
- Loosely cover with paper towels or paper plate.
- Microwave on High for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture is heated through, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Remove cover and spinklw with remaining 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Microwave on High for 1 minute or until onions are gold in color.
- Oven Directions:.
- Prepare vegetable mixture as above.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes or until tender and mixture is heated through.
- Stir; sprinkle with remaining onions.
- Continue to bake uncovered for 1 minute until French Fried Onions are golden brown.
YUM! this was a very nice casserole. I only had one bag of mixed vegetables so I added some fresh carrots (cooked before adding to recipe) and some broccoli and cauliflower that I put in the pot along with the rest and simmered in chicken broth before adding to the cheese mixture. Than added to casserole dish. It was WONDERFUL! loved the flavor. This is a keeper!! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)