Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Much like eggs benedict but with a sauce made of cream of chicken soup
- 6 slices bacon, fried with 1 tbsp of fat
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 English muffins
- Saute onions in bacon fat.
- Stir in milk, cream of chicken soup and mustard- heat until warm.
- Place sauce in greased 9x13 pan.
- Break eggs on top of sauce- cover with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Place 1 egg and sauce on toasted english muffin.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
I love, love, love eggs benedict but have been afraid of making them at home. This recipe satisfies my craving for benedict and Mr. DLS loved it too. I didn't bake mine, just made the sauce and simmered it for about 20 minutes. Poached my eggs and then followed the rest of the directions.
Delicious egg recipe! Because the eggs were baked the yolks came out hard and though this did not take away from the yumminess, I prefer a soft yolk. I plan to make this again, but will heat the sauce on the stovetop and poach the eggs, then spoon sauce over the eggs and top with the bacon and cheese. I also used 100% whole wheat English muffins.