Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Pouching the eggs in a mushroom sauce gives them a delightful flavor.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 rusks
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In medium skillet combine soup, instant minced onion, and pepper.
- Gradually add milk, blending well.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- One at a time, break eggs into small dish and gently slip into sauce.
- Cook, covered, over low heat till eggs are set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- To serve, place each egg on a rusk; top with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.