1/3 Photos of Saucy Eggplant (Aubergine) Casserole
A saucy side dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium eggplants or 1 large eggplant, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray a square casserole dish; set aside.
- 2Cut peeled eggplant into small cubes; boil them in salted boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Saute the onion, green pepper and garlic until soft.
- 4Add flour and stir briskly until absorbed.
- 5Slowly stir in the milk; cook over med-low heat, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened.
- 6Add diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Stir well.
- 7Add the cooked, drained eggplant cubes and stir to mix well.
- 8Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- 9Evenly sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 10Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saucy Eggplant (Aubergine) Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.6
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 582.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g