Recipe by Chef 313014
This is very good! I used crushed tomatoes when I first made this, as I didn't have diced at the time. It still turned out great! From Southern Living's Our Best Easy Weeknight Favorites.
Top Review by TheSarneys
We REALLY enjoyed this saucy drumstick recipe - thanks so much for posting it! I used about 10 or 12 drumsticks (no thighs) and a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (with no tomato paste), and we had enough sauce. Thanks again for posting, Chef #313014!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes or 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 6 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- hot cooked rice or egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4-quart electric slow cooker; add chicken pieces, pushing them down into sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on LOW 6 1/2 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- This is fall-off-the-bone tender chicken after it simmers in a well-seasoned thick tomato sauce. Use all chicken thighs, if you'd prefer.