Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a little more sassy than your average deviled egg.
- 6 hard-ccoked eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup round butter flavored cracker, crumbled
- buttered toast points
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefuly remove yolks.
- Mash yolks, and add mayo;stir well.
- Stir in chopped onion, vinegar, mustard, and pepper.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Combine tomaot sauce, water, minced onion, and red pepper in a shallow 1 quart baking dish, stir well.
- Arrange eggs in dish.
- Sprinkle eggs with bacon, and to with cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 450F for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately over toast points.