Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
These pork chops are awesome especially if you are a mushroom fan like me! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. They are great over rice.
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 4 pork chops
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh white mushroom
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (I use chardonnay)
- 2 cups milk
- Melt shortening in large skillet over med-high heat. Beat egg in one bowl. Mix flour and salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip pork chops in egg mixture, coat in flour then transfer to hot skillet. Brown chops on both sides turning once.
- Place chops into slow cooker. Arrange onions over chops. Sprinkle mushrooms over onions. Pour soup and milk over meat and veggies.
- Cover and cook in crock pot on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 8-10 hours.