Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The flavours of my favourite shrimp jambalaya, but without the rice or okra common to the dish. I actually love this saucy mix on Israeli couscous or even pasta! If you can't find fish stock (I find cubes in Italian markets), use clam juice or vegetable broth. I use Creole Seasoning as my Creole seasoning.
- 1⁄4 cup fish stock
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Bring fish stock to a simmer in a saucepan and add the garlic.
- Cook 1 minute, then add the shrimp and cook 1 minute more.
- Add Creole seasoning and tomato paste and cook until thickened and shrimp are cooked through ("c" shaped - NOT "o" shaped!).
- Pour into a bowl or over your favourite starch and enjoy.
Guess what I'm eating right now? Made for Spring PAC 2012.