36 hrs 15 mins
This is a take on troyh's Easy Garlic Chicken Breasts, but I switched up the ingredients, cooked it in the microwave and used the drippings to make a wonderful lemon butter sauce. SUPER SIMPLE. . .you must try this! Perfect over rice with a side of asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place frozen chicken breasts in a ziplock baggie (or whatever brand you prefer).
- 2Juice your lemon and lime. . .you should have 1/4 cup of juice.
- 3Whisk the juice, oil and garlic and pour mixture into the baggie over top the chicken. Seal and place in fridge to marinate for approximately 24-30 hours (so if you want them for dinner Friday, start marinating them Thursday morning).
- 41 hour prior to cooking, remove chicken from the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- 5Remove chicken from marinade, season both sides with salt and pepper, and place in a baking dish. Discard your marinade.
- 6Cover the dish lightly with wax paper. Cook in microwave on power level 7 for 10-12 minutes, turning the chicken over half way through cooking. I recommend checking the chicken for doneness after 10 minutes so as not to overcook, then just do 1 extra minute at a time from there. When you poke with a fork, the juices should run clear.
- 7When chicken is cooked, remove it from the drippings and place on a plate (tent it with aluminum foil to keep it warm).
- 8Pour the drippings into a small sauce pan, add butter and place on med-high heat.
- 9Mix the cornstarch and water; add it to the sauce pan and bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer 2 minutes or until desired thickness (remember it will thicken a bit upon standing and cooling).
- 10Add Capers to sauce.
- 11Serve chicken with a small amount of sauce poured over top and a side of rice and some asparagus spears for a wonderful meal.
- 12NOTE: The time of cooking is based on 3 medium to large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, so if yours are smaller, you will need to marinate less and cook a minute or two less.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saucy Citrus Garlic Chicken Breasts, Microwaved & Easy!
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.2
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 174.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 27.6 g