Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 185 g baking chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
Coffee Ice cream
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 (300 ml) cartons thickened cream, whipped
- Chocolate Sauce: Combine chocolate, water and butter in a pan, stir over low heat without boiling until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in icing sugar and brandy over heat.
- Pour mixture into a loaf tin, cover with foil, freeze several hours or overnight.
- Coffee ice cream: Combine eggs and sugar in a pan, whisk constantly over low heat without boiling until frothy and slightly thickened.
- Dissolve coffee in water, add to egg mixture, cool to room temperature.
- Fold cream into coffee mixture.
- Pour into loaf tin, cover with foil, freeze until almost set.
- Remove coffee ice cream and beat with wooden spoon until soft.
- Place some coffee ice cream over base of loaf tin, then top with alternate spoonfuls of coffee ice cream and frozen chocolate sauce until both mixtures have been used.
- Freeze overnight covered with foil.