Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is part of the Ready Set Cook #3 Contest. It is a quick comfort food recipe with a bit of a kick. You can add red pepper flakes to kick it up a notch if desired.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes with spicy red pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups penne pasta
- In large skillet brown chicken cubes in oil about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add garlic, onion, mushrooms,and red pepper- stir fry for another 4-5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Add tomatoes and brown sugar.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile,in large pot add pasta to boiling water and cook until tender- about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place on large platter.
- Pour chicken mixture on top and serve family style.
My family and I thoroughly enjoyed this chicken dish. I added salt and pepper to the sauce but that was the only alteration/addition I made. The ingredients in the sauce were well proportioned. Had a great thick and chunky texture which we really liked. This is something I would definitely serve when we have company. Thanks for the creation and good luck in the contest.
This was a good family supper, but we found it a little bland. We added salt and pepper at the table, but the next time I make it I will add salt and pepper to the sauce, along with some basil and oregano.
I made this last night, it was easy, quick and really tasty!this is a keeper . thank you!