Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the dark meat of chicken, so this recipe is right up my alley. However, my DS, who hates the dark meat also loves it. Could it be in the way it is prepared?
- 4 chicken legs, with thighs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Oven at 350 degrees.
- Over medium heat, heat oil in large skillet, then brown the chicken on all side. Will take about 15 minutes.
- Put chicken in one layer in casserole dish.
- Saute onion in drippings for about 5 minutes, then add the soup, paprika, salt, lemon juice, and dill, and mix them together thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to low, then stir the broth and sour cream into the skillet mixing well.
- DO NOT BOIL, but heat the sauce to about serving temperature.
- Gently pour the sauce over the chicken, actually spooning is best if you are not too lazy, like I am.
- Cover and bake until chicken is tender, about 20 minutes.
Enjoyed this recipe, however the cooking time of 20 minutes at 350 degrees was not long enough. We added another 20 minutes as the chicken was still pink inside.
This is really good. I put it in the Crock pot for several hours. The sauce is wonderful! (I didn't add dill & put in a little garlic powder)
We really enjoyed this dish, which is very easy to make. I used chicken breasts that I had on hand, and they worked just fine. In the middle of step 4, I used 1/2 of the chicken broth to deglaze the pan -- didn't want to waste those juices -- and then followed the rest of the recipe. Dill wasn't noted in the ingredients -- I used a teaspoon of dried. Made for Pick a Chef. Thanks aussiekarin for another creative way with chicken.