Recipe by Oolala
With applesauce, Dijon mustard, light brown sugar and pepper- Posting from a community cookbook, submitted by Phyllis Polrtock. It's here for safe keeping since I haven't tried it yet. I like that it's made with simple ingredients I have in my pantry. For cooking time, I used the oven preparation.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the Dijon mustard with the brown sugar.
- Dip chicken breasts into the mixture to coat.
- For oven preparation, place in a sprayed 8" X 8" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with pepper and pour applesauce over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- If you wish to make this in a 1 quart crock pot, just cook on low for about 8 hours. *Be careful since the recipe said "put in before you go to work"-I am assuming we're talking about a 9-5 job, thus the 8 hours. Keep and eye on it if possible.