Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Quick Cooking magazine. This tastes wonderful and looks great on the table. A great way to get the kids to eat asparagus too :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus spears, halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I prefer seasoned salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp)
- If desired, partially cook the asparagus; drain.
- Place the asparagus in a greased 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil on both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken over asparagus.
- In a bowl, mix soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
What a great, easy, and f-a-s-t recipe! I used leftover deli-roasted chicken that I tore into smaller bite-sized pieces and mixed the chicken into the sauce (no need to brown anything or dirty a pan)! It was so good and looked so fancy! Extra sharp cheese at the end and mmmmm! Thank you so much!
This was very good. The asparagus haters in my house didn't care for it, but what do they know. My only thing was that the sauce mixture was too thick to "pour" I used campbells cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken...everything else was exact. But I did end up adding a bit of water to the dish after it started cooking because it was so thick. But it was still very good and definitely a keeper... maybe the asparagus haters will grow up some day.
Great recipe! I made it but cut back the fat by using fat free cream of chicken soup, light mayo and reduced fat cheddar cheese. That cut the fat content in half. Also mad sure to brown my chicken in olive oil.