Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very simple recipe. I cannot remember where I got it and the ingredients sound terrible but work well together. I serve this with either buttered noodles or rice and a salad.
- 1 cut-up chicken (2 lbs chicken tenders can also be used)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce (whole or jellied)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes depending on whether you use bone in or boneless chicken.
I didn't really like this but then again I do not like cranberry at all. My husband who does like cranberry said it was delicious! The chicken did come out moist and juicy. Made with b/s chicken thighs since that is what we prefer over bone-in of b/s chicken breasts. Will make again for the family. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
I used the whole cranberry sauce as I like it much better than the jelly. The chicken was very good and was enjoyed by one and all! Who would think these ingredients would go together so well? Well they did! Will make again!
I actually made this a while back but somehow forgot to rate it.... I love, love, love this chicken, I browned the chicken firstly and I added in some cayenne pepper to the glaze mix, this is delicious, thanks for sharing Kathie's Kafe!...Kitten :)