Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a recipe I got from Taste of Home. The water chestnuts give this delicious meatball dish a nice Asian touch.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 7 slices bread, crusts removed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the milk, soy sauce, bread cubes, garlic salt and onion powder.
- Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. stir in water chestnuts.
- Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil;.
- place meatballs in pan.
- Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened.
- Add meatballs; cook and stir until heated through.