Recipe by Catnip46
I used salmon instead of catfish. I think any kind of fish would work. The sauce is very good with lots of flavor.
- 1 egg
- finely chopped pecans or any kind nuts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 lemon, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a 9 by 13 by 2-inch casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle the catfish with salt and arrange the fillets in the casserole dish.
- Make the basting sauce by mixing the ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, butter, and onion.
- Pour the sauce over the bass and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Baste the fish, with the sauce in the pan, every 10 minutes as it bakes. Remove the fish from the oven and using pancake turners, carefully transfer the fish to a serving platter. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.