Recipe by AngelaTN
I am not usually one for cooked carrots, so I am not sure what possessed me to make these, but I am glad I did. The sauce is sweet and tangy, and the perfect accompaniment to the carrots. This recipe is courtesy of the Junior Leage of Little Rock. It serves 2 nicely, but you can easily double for more.
- 5 carrots
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice carrot into rounds or chunks.
- Cover with salted water in saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Simmer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in small saucepan.
- Heat over medium, stirring constantly until blended.
- Pour sauce over carrots and gently toss.