Recipe by Gingerbear
This one is for all of you brussels sprouts lovers out there.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This sauce for the brussels sprouts has a sweet edge which I've never tasted with brussels sprouts before. It is creamy, tasty and I like how pretty it looks too. I used fresh brussels sprouts so I roasted them at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes with a little salt and olive oil while I made the sauce. I used a couple of green onions since it only called for a TBSP and I used whole wheat flour so it was nice and thick. Thanks for a different twist on brussels sprouts!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos (drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the brussels sprouts according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in brown sugar, flour, salt, mustard and pepper until blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Drain sprouts; cut in half.
- Add to sauce and heat through.
- Stir in sour cream and pimentos.