Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this in Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup additional beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brpwn sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 lb lean boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 12 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Combine first seven ingredients; set side.
- Stir fry beef in 2 teaspoons oil for 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan stir fry broccoli in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add onions; stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Return beef to pan.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.