Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A taco pizza for those who like something different
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 ounces taco sauce (mild or hot)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies (chilies should be chopped mild green chilies and be drained)
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 8 ounces crescent rolls
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn chips, crushed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- olive, sliced (optional)
- mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium avocado (avocado should be peeled and sliced)
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- Brown ground beef and onion in large frying-pan or Dutch oven.
- Pour off drippings.
- Add 1 cup taco sauce, green chilies and olives.
- Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles and press into greased 9 to 10-inch pie pan to form crust.
- Sprinkle 1 cup crushed corn chips evenly over dough.
- Spread beef mixture evenly over chips, spread with sour cream.
- Cover with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, then shredded cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup crushed chips.
- Garnish with sliced olives and mushrooms, if desired.
- Bake in a moderate oven (375°F) for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve with lettuce, avocado, tomato and remaining taco sauce.
- Pastry for single-crust pie may be substituted for crescent rolls.
I liked the concept but modified it for the tastes of my family. I used a packet of taco seasoning with some taco sauce with the meat. We added 1/2 green pepper and 1 sm. onion to the meat. Also used guacamole chips and Doritos on the top instead of just corn chips. It added extra color. It only needed to bake for about 10 minutes in our 375 oven. I suggest letting it rest for a few minutes before cutting. Served with lime chips and bean dip. 5 year old daughter ate two pieces !!