Recipe by CaribbeanQueen
There are a lot of pasta dishes that are good to eat and relatively low cost. This is one of my favorites. I found this recipe in an Albertson's grocery store meat department in Seattle, Washington.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, lightly pound to tenderize
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- cooked noodles, egg noodles are very good
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into 1/4-inch strips. Saute in heated butter with garlic until browned. Remove meat from skillet.
- Add onion, green pepper and carrot. Cook 2 -3 minutes. Return meat to skillet. Add tomatoes with liquid, boullion cube and oregano.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl mix together cornstarch, water, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Blend into meat mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Serve sauce over cooked noodles.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Add additional crushed red pepper for more "kick".