Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe can be easily prepared and served right away or it can be frozen and then later thawed when ready to serve. Directions are given for both ways. Recipe is from Kraft.
Top Review by kittycatmom
DH loved this! Absolutely delicious! I ran out of my homemade BBQ Sauce, so used Cookies BBQ Sauce. I will make this when we need a quick lunch. Thanks Lainey! Made for 1.2.3 Hits
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, pasteurized prepared cheese product cut up
- 4 hamburger buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain.
- Add peppers and onions, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, water and Velveeta; cook 2 minutes or until Velveeta is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- Cook now and just fill the toasted buns with warm meat mixture and serve.
- To freeze and cook later: Cool meat mixture completely.
- Place in resealable freezer-weight plastic bag or 4 small freezer containers; place buns in resealable freezer-weight plastic bag.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw meat mixture and buns in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to serve, reheat meat mixture in small saucepan on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, toast the buns.
- Fill buns evenly with meat mixture.