Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is from one of those Time Life recipe cards. I have not tried this yet, but I think I would do this on top of the stove.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken cutlets (6)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour oil into large roasting pan. Add chicken, onion, and mushrooms, turning to coat with oil. Bake 5 minutes; turn chicken over and stir vegetables. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk flour into chicken broth. Add vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stirring well.
- When chicken has cooked for 10 minutes, add broth mixture to roasting pan. Cover with foil and bake 10 minutes. Remove foil, stir vegetables, and bake, uncovered, until sauce bubbles and is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Turn chicken over. Place pan 6 inches from heat and broil until chicken just starts to turn golden, about 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Variation: Reduce chicken broth to 1/2 cup, delete the vinegar, and add 3/4 cup Marsala wine.
We love this recipe. We had one of the timelife cards and it some how got misplaced. I looked everywhere and was so bummed until I found this!! I make this all the time. It's the only way to get my daughter to eat chicken other than chicken nuggets! Thank you for posting it!