Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Thumbing through an old magazine and this recipe caught my eye because it uses liquid smoke (I have some that's just been sitting in my pantry - can't remember what I originally bought it for). Have also been looking for a baked beans recipe that doesn't use ketchup.
- 2 (42 ounce) cans pork and beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can barbecued pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish and bake 45-50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
This was fantastic baked beans. Loved the barbeque pork in them. Will be making this from now on. Thanks for posting this easy recipe.