Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
An excellent and inexpensive meal
- 3 (16 ounce) cans baked beans, in sauce drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup smokey barbecue sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 -6 slices cooked ham, diced
- Combine all ingredients except ham in crock pot.
- Stir well.
- Sprinkle ham over top, pushing half down into beans.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5-12 hours. On high setting for 3-4 hours.
- Note: if you want to cook the beans the maximum time, do NOT drain the liquid from the canned beans.