Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe out of a magazine years ago. It has great flavor and is easy to assemble. You can substitute liquid smoke for the bacon if you want to reduce the fat.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 slices bacon
- In 2-quart casserole dish combine pork and beans, onion, green pepper, brown sugar, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Top with bacon.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.