Recipe by Manami
Here is yet another APRICOT CHICKEN recipe BUT it is made in the crockpot. Tastes really moist and has a wonderful sauce. Serve over cooked wild rice or white rice.Hope you enjoy! Update 05/09/2009 - hi there, I wanted to let you know - that I have used different fruits when making this and I always end up with the apricot preserve!
- 1 cup good-quality apricot preserves
- bottled Russian salad dressing or bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pinches crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt & pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, mix together the preserves, dressing, dry soup & red pepper flakes (if using) until well blended.
- Arrange 3 of the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 3-1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Spoon a fourth of the apricot mixture on top add 3 more layers of chicken with the apricot mixture in between & on top.
- Cover & cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce the heat setting to low & continue cooking covered for 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until the chicken is tender & white throughout; DON'T overcook or the chicken will toughen.
- Serve with potatoes, rice, couscous or noodles.