Another delicious addition from my Aunt's recipe collection. This is simple and sweet. I first remember having it one Christmas morning at her house when I was about 8. Brings back happy memories....
- Blend the sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10 inch tube pan and dust it with 1 T of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Save remainder for cake.
- Blend cake mix, applesauce and eggs until moistened.
- Then beat as directed on cake mix package.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cup batter.
- Pour remaining batter into prepared tube pan.
- Sprinkle batter in pan with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Top with reserved batter.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake in pan top side up for 15 minutes.
- Invert on serving plate and serve.