Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It's a recipe that allows you to focus on your friends, not the food.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin roast (double loin, tied)
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 medium apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut small slits (about 1/2 inch wide and 1 inch deep) in meat.
- Insert a piece of garlic into each slit.
- Combine salt, rosemary, and pepper; Sprinkle evenly over meat; Rub with your fingers.
- Place meat on a rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer into center of meat.
- Roast uncovered in a 325 degree oven for 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours or until thermometer registers 145 degrees.
- Spoon off any fat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine apples, brown sugar, apple juice, lemon juice, and dry mustard.
- Spoon into roasting pan around meat.
- Roast uncoverd for 30 to 45 minutes more until thermometer registers 155 degrees.
- Remove meat from oven.
- Cover with foil; let stand for 10 minutes.
- (The temperature of the meat after standing should be 160 degrees.) Remove rack from pan.
- Stir apples into pan juices.
- Serve with meat.
This recipe had a great flavor. The roast was surprisingly juicy and the apples were delicious. My kids are very picky, and I thought that they would love this, but they didn't. However, my husband and I inhaled it!