Another favourite summer recipe when blackberries are ripe. Easy, no fail dessert. My hubby's favourite.
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 -3 cups apples, cored,peeled,sliced (2 to 3 med.apples)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until boiling and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in apple slices and blackberries.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl until crumbly.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp.
- flour over bottom of pie shell.
- Pour apple and blackberry filling into shell.
- Sprinkle topping over filling.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400F for about 50 minutes.
This was really good- I used a spelt crust, substituted agave syrup for the sugar and used goat cheddar in the crumble and this was a big hit at our house! I would suggest making sure that the blackberries are as ripe as can be, as we used some that were semi-ripe and they did make for a fairly bitter-sweet pie- but still delicious! Thank you for sharing this recipe:)
Our family LOVED this pie recipe. Thank you for sharing it, we made this during our blackberry season and used freshly picked blackberries, we later made 2 more pies one like this again and one just plain blackberry - guess which everybody loved?! This is going in my cookbook.
Oh my this was soooo delicious! i was short on apples so my pie came out a little thin, but it didn't matter it was sooo good!!The smell alone while cooking was to die for!! Blackberry and apple pie was my favourite as a kid and always will be i guess!! Can't beat it and adding the spices just made it better than ever! I will be making this again, DH has already asked that we have it more often! Thanks for posting a nice easy one!