Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Saute the onions and garlic in a small amount of the olive oil until the onions are glassy.
- Remove from the pan.
- Add a little more olive oil and stir fry the chicken until pinkness is gone.
- Stir onion mixture back into the pan with the chicken.
- Add broth and almonds and simmer for 15- 20 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch in cold water until well blended and add to the chicken mixture.
- Stir in sour cream right before serving until well blended.
- Serve over rice.
This is very good! I accidentally used Walnuts instead of Almonds and think it will be even better when I make it with Almonds.
This is very good. My rating of five stars stems from someone who is judiciously watching calories and fat content. So from that standpoint this is just perfect. I originally stated that if I were able to eat more indulgently I may have only given four stars....but after my husband came home, who can eat whatever he wants and paid it a high compliment, I decided it must be five star from any angle. And considering how quick and easy this is and how nutritious it is, it is definitely top notch in my book, and will be made again often. I think I may add some curry next time for a change. Thanks for sharing, this is a keeper!