2 hrs 20 mins
From the Nero Wolfe Cookbook. I am posting this for informational purposes only. I haven't made it and don't intend to. I thought perhaps other Nero Wolfe fans might like to see the sausage recipe that all the fuss was about. The times are a wild stab in the dark. I have no idea how long these would take to make.
My Private Note
meal fo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop up some onions and a clove of garlic, and brown them lightly in a generous amount of goose fat.
- 2Pour in enough brandy to cover the onions, and twice as much good red wine as brandy, and as much strong beef broth as wine.
- 3Add a pinch of thyme and one of rosemary, the slightest dusting of ginger and nutmeg, and a mere threat of cloves.
- 4Let simmer gently for 10 minutes, and add enough sifted bread crumbs to make a soft, runny mush.
- 5Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- 6Add chopped boiled bacon, coarsely chopped roast fresh pork, twice as much coarsely cut up roast goose as pork, and as much coarsely cut up roast pheasant as goose.
- 7Season with salt and a generous quantity of freshly ground black pepper, add a few roasted pistachio nuts, and let simmer to the consistency of fresh sausage meat.
- 8Chill until extremely cold.
- 9Wash and scald the pigs' intestines thoroughly.
- 10Fill with the cold stuffing, tying at intervals to form sausages.
- 11Broil on a slow fire, having pricked the skins to prevent bursting.
Nutritional Facts for Saucisse Minuit
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g