Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I hope you enjoy these sauces...They are all family favourites that we have been enjoying for years. They are easy to make and can be used on meat or vegetables.
Apricot Lemon Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves, good quality
- 2 lemons, juiced
Lime Daiquiri Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup daiquiri mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 lime, peeled,finely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons candied ginger, finely chopped
- Apricot Lemon Glaze Heat ingredients together, until well blended.
- Baste often while cooking chicken, chops, ham steaks or sweet potatoes.
- Lime Daiquiri Sauce Combine daiquiri mix with butter and honey in pan.
- Add juice and finely grated lime peel.
- Heat until butter is melted.
- Baste chicken or pork during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Pineapple Ginger Sauce Combine ingredients in pan.
- Boil uncovered, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- (12 min.) Baste meat-- and enjoy.
I used the apricot lemon sauce to glaze some simple roasted chicken. Simple and easy it really elevated what pretty basic and plain into a dish we all enjoyed.