Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like doing the wings this way. I cheat and buy the drummies usually instead of the wings. These would also be good as an appetizer.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons medium sherry
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 lbs chicken wings (12 count)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium scallion, slice in 2-inch lengths
- 4 slices fresh gingerroot, peeled and crushed (about 1", in diameter and 1/4-inch , thick)
- hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl stir together browth, soy sauce, sherry and sugar; reserve.
- Cut chicken wings at joints and save tips for stock pot.
- In a heavy 3-quart saucepan (non-stick) over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add chicken wings, scallion and ginger.
- Stir-fry until wings are light brown (2-3 minutes).
- Stir in reserved broth mixture.
- Over moderate heat, bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until wings are tender (30 minutes).
- Serve at once with hot cooked rice.